Letting a Property in the UK (The Law)
Our fully managed service is designed for those landlords who want a hassle free life.
The UK government certainly like to keep landlords and agents on their toes with ever changing laws and legislation. The list in the blue box shows just how many different pieces of legislation apply to private renting in the UK and it is ever growing. Whether you decide to manage the property yourself on a let only basis or take advantage of our comprehensive,
fully managed package, these rules and regulations need to be followed.
We look after all sorts of different properties for our fully managed landlords and ensure these standards and legal requirements are met.
Our contacts across the industry work together to understand and develop systems to manage both current and new pieces of legislation.
The Fortess Home Property Management and Lettings Service.
Fortess Homes understands how complex and time consuming letting your property can be and therefore with our long-established reputation for knowledge and experience we are able to assist you along the way.
Our professional team will have everything covered from effective marketing of your property, to full legal compliance and professional management of your tenancy to ensure that
your experience with Fortess Homes is seamless.
For a step by step on letting your property please visit our lettings guide which can help you with the process.
The Law & The Basics All of the laws on either side can apply to rental properties
• EPC A valid Energy Performance Certificate with grade “E”
• Gas Safety Certificate (if your property has gas appliances)
• Working smoke alarm
• Carbon Monoxide Detector
1. Valuation - first visit to your property discuss the rental you’ll achieve and the best ways to maximize this.
2. Take on Appointment - You are going to offer the property furnished or unfurnished and we have agreed an asking price for the rental and one of our team will visit
your property to take photos.
3. Brochure Creation, Approval & Terms Signed - We will put a high quality brochure with a 3D floorplan. Once you agreed with the brochure then signed the terms and will proceed to the live.
4. Go Live - We will advertise your property in our office and online on Rightmove, Zoopla any platforms.
5. Viewings - We will accompany our prospective tenants to ensure that they would be the right tenants for your property.
6. Application & Reference - Once we have the application we will give you a call to see if it someone you would consider for your property.
7. Dates & Move in Agreed - The references will come back we will arrange for them to sign a 6 or 12 month assured short hold tenancy agreement and pay the deposit and the first
Fortess Homes Services
Here are you can expect from Fortess Home:
• Professional Photos, Brochure & Floorplan
• Advertising across multiple platforms and mediums
• High Quality Viewings
• Fully Comprehensive Referencing
• Digitally Signed Contracts and all the legal paperwork required by law
• A high quality photographic inventory
• Handling and protection of the deposit
• Contact details shared with both parties ready for move in.
• Gas Safety Certificates
• Boiler Servicing
• Electrical Certificate
• Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
Steps to Letting with Fortess Homes