HOW TO MARKET YOUR PROPERTY TO LET ON FACEBOOK
Take it one step at a time...
Letting out your property for the first time can be a daunting prospect.
• How do you decide how much rent to charge?
• How do you find the perfect tenant?
• What do you do if things go wrong?
Here at Fortess Homes we’ve helped hundreds of landlords in Kentish Town and the City let out their property and find good tenants for their home. We have up to date knowledge of all the relevant legislation, and we have local contractors on hand to deal with any problems at your property 24/7.
That’s why we’ve put together this step by step guide to help put your mind at ease.
The more welcoming and attractive your home looks, the easier it will be for you to find the perfect tenants.
HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY LET YOUR LONDON PROPERTY
Step 1: Get a valuation
• How much rent can you expect to get for your property?
You can ask a few different lettings agents for their expert opinion, and then choose the agent who you feel will give you the best service and find the best tenants.
We offer free rental market appraisals - we will look at the current rental market as well as the condition and unique features of your property.
Our aim is to get you a fair rental price for your home, with the right tenants, and avoid it sitting empty.
We also offer a rent guarantee scheme which ensures that you will continue to receive rent even if your tenant’s circumstances change. Look at the different packages offered by lettings agents, and ask your friends and neighbor’s for recommendations.
Step 2. Prepare your home for rent
• You’ll need to get your home ready to attract new tenants.
• Decide whether you’ll be offering the property on a furnished or unfurnished basis - there are pros and cons to each - and make sure it is clean, tidy and uncluttered throughout.
• The more welcoming and attractive your home looks, the easier it will be for you to find the perfect tenants.
Step 3. Market it..
• Spread the news and let people know your home is available to rent. We advertise all our properties through online portals such as Right move, Zoopla, On The Market etc. as well as Facebook, website, and via email directly to our growing database of potential tenants in Kentish Town and the City.
Step 4. Viewings and applications
The next step is to show people around your home. We always provide accompanied viewings, so you have added peace of mind. Our staff are trained to point out all the best bits about your property, and ask all the right questions. We provide you with regular feedback following viewings, too. Once a potential tenant has applied to rent your property, we’ll talk you through the details so you can decide whether or not to accept the application.
Step 5. Accept New Tenants
It’s time to arrange the paperwork and carry out all the necessary checks to make sure they have the finances in place to afford the rent. We will communicate with all parties regularly and draw up the relevant contracts. We can arrange a moving in date to suit both you and your tenants, and arrange a photographic inspection before they move in.
We hope this guide will help make the process of becoming a landlord as smooth and enjoyable.
If you would like to discuss renting out your home, or buying a property to let.
Please contact Abdul Kayum (MARLA, MNAEA) at 020 7482 1150.
We’re here to answer any questions you may have about the lettings process.